Dundalk Chamber Skillnet, the subsidised training network for enterprise across Louth, Cavan & Monaghan is pleased to announce it’s Autumn Winter training schedule.
The schedule has been devised in consultation with local businesses and aims to assist in bridging skills gaps. Our Public courses create a shared learning experience facilitated by expert trainers in a local setting.
The network was established earlier this year and to date we’ve trained over 250 employees from 100+ business across the region. We run Public courses but can also part-fund & facilitate in-house training. Contact Aidan on [email protected] for more information.
Our Autumn / Winter Public Courses include:
19th Sept – Excel Level 3
- Aimed at experienced Excel users, this workshop will bring your skills to the next level. Learn the power of Macros, advanced Pivots & Nested IF Functions plus a lot more.
25th Sept – Leadership Development:
- This is a two-day practical programme that provides a tool kit of management skills for Team Leads or Supervisors with the last 2 years.
25th Sept – Certificate in Employment Law Lvl 7:
- Delivered by DKIT over 1 semester (Part-time). This certificate will analyse the overarching features of the Irish employment law system.
25th Sept – Certificate in Data Analytics Lvl 7:
- This 1-semester part-time course will enable candidates to utilise data for operational and strategic decision making in business. Aimed at non-technical candidates.
2nd Oct – Workplace Wellness
- Develop an understanding of the core elements of a healthy workplace & learn how to implement those elements to create a happy & productive working environment.
10th Oct – Lead Through Emotional Intelligence
- Maximise your influence as a leader by developing the skills to manage yourself and other people. Understanding how emotions shape your thoughts & actions is the first step to gaining greater control over your behaviour.
15th Oct – Communication Skills (Leadership Series)
- Communication is a core leadership function. Effective communication and effective leadership are closely intertwined. Leaders need to be skilled communicators in countless relationships at the organisational level, in communities and groups, and sometimes on a global scale.
16th Oct – Procurement: How to Win Tenders
- Winning bids demonstrate creativity and insight. Crucially, they establish empathy with the buyer. Simply put, this is the difference between winning and losing bids. This workshop is designed to teach you how to be credible, innovative and successful in tendering.
23rd Oct – Leading with Influence (Leadership Series)
- Explores the power of influence in today’s organisations. It provides a simple and practical approach to influence, ample practice time, and an opportunity to work on real challenges facing participants.
23rd October – Christmas Proof your Retail Sales
- This is an interactive evening training course that will provide participants with practical, usable customer service skills, sales and marketing techniques to help them to develop confidence in dealing with customers and improve sales over the Christmas period.
5th November – Train the Trainer
- The 2 day Train the Trainer programme is essential for those who wish to progress their career or have just been promoted to a training or coaching role. It is also of great value for those who wish to refresh their training and/or presentation skills.
5th November – Leading Change (Leadership Series)
- An innovative, full-day experiential workshop that helps participants better understand the nature of change from both their own personal perspective and as it impacts their challenges as a leader. Participants will get the opportunity to practice the skills needed to manage change effectively using real projects from the organisation.
14th November – Creating GDPR Systems
- The Workshop will focus on building systems & procedures to aid in speedy responses to “Access Requests” and right to be “Forgotten Requests”. It will provide expert advice on systems & procedures to easily deal with requests, ensuring they do not become labour intensive jobs.
20th November – Managing Conflict (Leadership Series)
- Conflict is a part of daily life. Those who embrace conflict as an opportunity to build understanding and better relationships experience greater personal and professional success. But managing conflict is not easy – it requires self=awareness, solid communication skills and the motivation to resolve uncomfortable situations.
TBC – Managing Diversity & Inclusion
- This course provides participants with an understanding of how to become a more inclusive leader or team member, engaging and supporting colleagues & clients to reach their potential
For more information on the courses click on https://www.dundalkskillnet.ie/training-programmes/ or contact Aidan on [email protected]
What is Skillnet Ireland
Skillnet is the national agency dedicated to the promotion & facilitation of workforce learning in Ireland.
Skillnet Ireland networks operate under a joint investment model whereby learning networks can apply to receive up to 50% of the cost of training from Skillnet Ireland, and the remainder of costs are funded in matching contributions from participating businesses in the learning network. The approach has received international recognition as a model of best practice from the OECD, amongst others