Start date: 05 September 2019
Duration: 1 Day (9:15am - 4:30pm)
Location: Creative Spark, Dundalk
Cost: €99 (€139 for Non Chamber & Non Network Members) Laptop rental available at supplementary cost
Course code: N/A
Microsoft Excel allows you to manipulate, manage and analyze data assisting in decision making and creating efficiencies that will directly affect your bottom line. Whether you’re using it for business or to help manage personal database and expenses, Microsoft Excel gives you the right tools to enable you to accomplish all your needs.
If you run a business, being proficient in Excel can help you see your business in a completely different light.
This introductory course is the first step in becoming an Excel master.
Upon satisfactory completion of this workshop:
You will be introduced to the component features of Excel and learn how to work with them.
Participants will learn how to navigate the Excel Interface and how to use spreadsheets for general numeric work.
You will also be introduced to basic formulae and learn how to create basic charts.
This workshop is suitable for anybody who is new to Excel, has not used Excel before or wants to become more proficient with the basic capabilities.
• Introduction to the Excel environment
• File types menus and toolbars
• Creating and opening Workbooks
• Working with Worksheets and Cells
• Navigating within Worksheets and Workbooks
• Select cells / groups of cells
• Select multiple rows/columns
• Entering Data
• Basic formatting of text and numbers
• Formatting Columns and Rows
• Using the Format Painter tool
• Using Undo and Redo
• Entering basic formulae
• Absolute and Relative references
• Using Named Ranges
• Using Page Setup
• Applying Margins
• Headers and Footers
• Cutting, Copying and Pasting data.
• Freeze titles and split screen.
• Define and use names in formulas
• Creating basic charts