Start date: 04 March 2020
Duration: 1 Day (9:15am - 4:30pm)
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dundalk
Cost: €129 (€159 for Non Chamber & Non Network Members)
Course code: N/A
Participants will gain the knowledge, skills and techniques necessary to undertake a financial performance analysis of their business or
division, track key financial performance indicators and recommend / implement appropriate corrective measures.
This training programme is interactive, engaging and practical in nature with participants getting hands on experience of analysing and interpreting financial information. Case studies and participants actual accounts will be used during the Workshop where appropriate.
On completion of the training programme, participants will:
1. Be familiar with the main terminology of finance and accountancy
2. Will understand how funds flow through a business
3. How to read and interpret financial reports
4. How to use basic ratio analysis to track performance
5. How to cost and price goods and services and
6. Use company financial information at divisional / unit level.
Managers and Line Managers who wish to improve their confidence in dealing with, and the general understanding of, business Accounts, Budgetary and Financial Management.
• Demystifying the language and terminology of business finance
• How funds flow through a business.
• Understanding and managing working capital and cash flow.
• Reading and interpreting financial reports – Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss
Account, Funds Flow Statement.
• Using ratio analysis to assess and track business performance.
• Reading the financial reports for your own business (case study).
• The importance of taking a structured approach to costing and pricing.
• Establishing and monitoring financial Key Performance Indicators.
• Key elements of improving ‘bottom line’ performance
• Using organisations’ financial information to best manage units or