Start date: 29 March 2020
Duration: 35 minutes - Can be completed any time
Course code: N/A
To help prevent the spread of infections, bacteria & viruses in the workplace, education is key. This 35 minute online module covers recommendations and best practice in hygiene to prevent the spread of infections.
This is an online training module compatible with all devices including tablets and mobile phones. The training can be completed at any time.
Trainees will complete a short quiz on completion of the training to confirm validation of training.
On completion of the training programme, participants will:
• Understand and show commitment to legislation, guidance and best practice
• Learn about what infections are, where the come from and how to prevent them
• Learn about the common infections you might come across in the workplace, as well as best hygiene practices recommended to prevent infections
This course is suitable for anyone
What is an Infection (5 minutes)
- Fungi & Prions
- Who is at Risk?
- Where do infections come from?
The Chain of Infection (6 Minutes)
- The Pathogen
- The Reservoir
- The Portal of Exit
- Means of Transmission
- The Portal of Entry
- The Susceptible Host
- Breaking the Chain of Infection
Hygiene (9 minutes)
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Blood Skills
- Clearing Blood & Body Fluids
- Minor Injuries
Common Infections (5 minutes)
- Legionnaires Diesease
- Lymes Disease
Responsibilities (4 minutes)
- Employer Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment
- Employee Responsibilities
- More Responsibilities