Start date: 26 February 2020
Duration: 1 Day
Location: Crowne Plaza, Dundalk (9:30 - 4:30pm)
Cost: €129 (€159 for Chamber Members)
Course code: N/A
The Business Strategy workshop will give practical guidance to business owners and business managers in how to develop robust, practical, strategic plans that will maximise their growth & profitability potential.
The workshop offers an overview of the management skills and business monitoring tools needed to optimise business performance.
- Understand the importance of and the process involved in taking a structured approach to Business Strategy and planning
- Recognise the importance of involving the team in the planning process
- Be aware of the implications of growth planning and implementation on all aspects of the business
- Understand the importance of translating learning into actions in an environment where assumptions are challenged.
- Achieve a return on investment for all training and development interventions
This programme is suitable for anyone involved in devising a strategy at team, departmental or overall business.
What is Strategy and Business Planning?
- Introduction, overview, objectives and outputs.
- The Holistic Business / Business growth and Development framework.
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Getting buy-in of the Strategy across the organisation.
- Setting achievable objectives.
Where are we now?
- Internal and external analysis and prioritisation of issues which can impact on business performance.
- Current business and management skills analysis.
- Tools available for strategic review and setting performance priorities.
- Analysing your business (Template and checklist)
Where do we want to be?
- Vision, Mission and Values
- Establishing SMART objectives.
- Essential elements of performance
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities.
How are we going to get there?
- Developing the strategic plan
- Strategic Planning Template
- Writing the Plan – Marketing/Sales, Staffing structure, Service delivery plan, financial implications.
Monitoring and reviewing the plan
- Setting timely and detailed reviews of the actions and their status.
- Using the proper tools for monitoring and evaluation.
- Setting effective KPIs.
- Problem solving, dealing with roadblocks (internal and external).
- Leading and managing people to deliver the plan.
Personal Action Plans