Start date: 19 November 2019
Duration: 1 Day (9:15am - 4:30pm)
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dundalk
Cost: €139 (€169 for Non Chamber & Non Network Members)
Course code: N/A
This course provides participants with an understanding of how to become a more inclusive recruiter, how to not just be aware of Unconscious Bias, but how to actively work towards implementing recruitment practises which make your behaviour inclusive.
This course has been designed to help learners to reflect on their attitudes and behaviour during the recruitment process, in a dynamic and thought-provoking way. The aim of the course is to challenge learners to identify how their current recruitment practices might be embedding a lack of diversity, and give them the tools to design and implement inclusive recruitment practises in their own organisations.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
Understand what unconscious bias is and how it operates in both individuals and organisations
• Identify inherent and acquired diversity
• Understand the ways in which standard recruitment practices unintentionally hinder Diversity and Inclusion aims
• Have a proactive approach to promoting inclusion in best practice recruitment
• Understand how a structured, pre-planned approach to recruitment can have a positive impact on Diversity and Inclusion Metrics
• Appreciate how, as HR Professionals they need to plan for Inclusive Induction, post recruitment
This workshop is suitable for anyone involved in recruiting within an organisation.
TOPIC 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO MANAGING DIVERSITY
• Equality & Diversity and their impact in the Workplace
• Preconceptions – how they influence us
• Equality cornerstones – knowledge; acceptance; understanding; behaviour
• Inherent Diversity and Acquired Diversity
TOPIC 2: IDENTIFYING & UNDERSTANDING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
• Understanding what unconscious bias is
• Identifying prejudice, assumptions and inequality
• What is Gender Balance?
• Understanding Stereotyping, Perceptions
TOPIC 3: INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY IN THE RECRUITMENT CYCLE – STRUCTURE IS KEY
• Prior to Candidate Seek
• Vacancy/Role Analysis, Person Specifcation Framework, Shortlisting Grid
• How inclusive is your candidate seek? How can you increase the diversity of your applicants?
• How do you ensure that your diverse candidates are not screened out at shortlisting?
• Interview Preparation – Structured Interview preparation, preparing answers, defining an Interview Evaluation Form
• Inclusive Interviewers
• Opening Questions – what are we trying to achieve?
• Work Testing during the Interview
• Equal pay for equal work is a cornerstone of Inclusion
• Preparing an Inclusive Induction