Start date: 09 July 2019
Duration: 1 Day
Location: Creative Spark, Dundalk
Cost: €109 (€139 for Non Chamber / Skillnet Members)
Course code: N/A
The 1 day Project Management course provides learners with an overview of the essential skills, tools and techniques that they need to successfully manage and participate in projects.
This course is focused on exploring the fundamental principles of successful project management and incorporates a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques that will allow the learners to become more confident and competent in managing a project. A number of easy to use checklists are also included.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
• Recognise when it is appropriate to adopt a ‘project’ approach to managing workload
• Clearly define projects to provide clarity in terms of scope, roles and responsibilities and other key factors
• Apply a simple lifecycle to a project to break it into easy to manage stages
• Be more effective in monitoring and controlling the project work, change requests and resourcing pressures by using best practice processes and techniques
• Understand what lessons can be learned from managing work using a project approach
• Below you will find a proposed course outline detailing all the topics covered on the training programme.
This course is perfect for anyone involved in managing / planning projects or programmes.
TOPIC 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT
• Defining what we mean by a project
• The project lifecycle
• The role of the Project Manager and other key stakeholders
TOPIC 2: PROJECT PLANNING
• Defining a project – setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
• Useful tools and techniques used in planning a project including work breakdown structures, Gantt charts, network diagrams and critical path analysis;
• Simple risk management tools and techniques
TOPIC 3: PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
• How to monitor, track and control activities
• Determining corrective actions to keep the project on track
• Change management process and version control
TOPIC 4: CLOSING AND REVIEWING PROJECTS
• Understanding the need for a controlled close to a project
• Learning lessons – both positive and negative