Start date: 09 February 2021
Duration: 9th Feb & 17th Feb - (9:30am - 12:30pm)
Cost: €135 (€159 for non Chamber & Non Network Members)
Course code: N/A
The program is designed to advance knowledge, thinking, skills and behaviours in the area of strategic thinking and approach and also enhance their impact on not just their own area but on the organisation.
The program will provide participants with a good understanding of the process of strategy end to end, from strategic thinking right through to operationalisation and review of impact.
On completion of the training programme, participants will:
- Understand the fundamentals of strategy, the strategic planning process and how to select the appropriate tools and techniques to use when planning strategy
- Identify the attributes of a strategic thinker and approach, evaluate oneself against these attributes, and develop a plan to make time to take a more strategic approach in their role and contribution to the organisation
- Commence the process of developing their strategic thinking around their project area, building a robust and executable strategy, and formulate a strategy map to guide the deployment of the strategy
- Have an action plan to continue their work on strategic thinking and planning for their project
This course is best suited to anyone who makes decisions within an organisation
SETTING THE SCENE
- Introductions – Objectives – Programme Overview
- What is strategy – and why does it matter?
- Comparing When, Where, and How to Use the Different Approaches to Strategy
- Strategic choices and advantage
THE STRATEGIC THINKER
- Developing your strategic thinking
- Making the time
- Balancing strategy and operational commitments
STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS
- Addressing the 3 key strategy questions:
- Where do you want to be?
- Where are you now?
- How do you get there?
- Stages in the strategic planning process
- VMOST approach: Values, Mission, Objectives, Strategies, Tactics
- Linking the overall business strategy and the strategy for project you are undertaking
- What about the are you work in – how strategic is it – how integrated with the business strategy is it – where are your opportunities to contribute more strategically
- The Balanced Scorecard 4 Perspective approach
- Sense checking your strategy
STRATEGIC PLANNING IN ACTION
- Development of Strategy for the area you manage
- Your strategy map